Wednesday, June 23, 2010



No Bake Cookies! My husband demanded out nowhere. After a quick call to his mom for the recipe and a drive to the grocery store, we made delicious Peanut Butter Oatmeal No Bake Cookies

Note: I've found it a good idea to have the secondary ingredients (for after it boils) measured out and ready to add asap because of the tendency for the mixture to cool so fast.
4 Tablespoons cocoa
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter/margarine
Put these ingredients in a pan and cook over medium heat stirring them and allowing them to mix together. When it starts to boil, allow to boil fast for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat (I usually put the pan on a potholder) and add (stir in)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups of oatmeal
After stirring in above ingredients drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Allow to cool the eat and enjoy.
Note: if you aren't quick about it, sometimes the mixture will get really dry and then you just kinda have crumbs….

My conclusion, these were quick and delicious and my husband loves them!

3 comments:

  1. yay for cookies turning out!! i got this recipe from an acquaintance when i was about 12 yrs old! that's almost 40 years ago! the recipe actually called for "oleo" but i didn't know if you guys would recognize that name and thus changed it to "butter/margarine".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite cookie recipes that I make all the time. I have a recipe that is pretty much the same except for the peanut butter, but I will definitely have to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these for my kids and they were not impressed. Weird kids!

    ReplyDelete