Wednesday, June 23, 2010

As I was trying to figure out something yummy for dinner without having to go to the store, I remembered I had the remainder of my 2 lb pork tenderloin in the fridge. With little faith that I would enjoy the pork tenderloin better the second time around, the first being the pork tacos, I decided to google a recipe for Pork Tenderloin in the crock pot. Here is what I found:

Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
recipe image
Rated:rating
Submitted By: StayHomeCook
Photo By: Kelli F.
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 4 Hours 10 Minutes
Ready In: 4 Hours 35 Minutes
Servings: 4
"This sweet and spicy tenderloin recipe is super easy! Make it as spicy as you like by adding more or different types of chili peppers."
INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds pork tenderloin
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, chopped
3 fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped
1/2 large onion, sliced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
DIRECTIONS:
1.Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown tenderloins on all sides, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together teriyaki sauce, chicken broth, and brown sugar in a bowl. Stir in garlic, red chile pepper, onion, and black pepper.
2.Put browned tenderloins into slow cooker, cover with the teriyaki sauce mixture. Cook on High for about 4 hours, turning 2 to 3 times during the cooking time to ensure even doneness.
3.Remove tenderloins from the slow cooker and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. If desired, spoon liquid over slices when serving.


My thoughts on this recipe: as close to a 5 out of 5 as I have come. The meat was not only extremely melt in your mouth tender, but the flavor was a perfect blend of sweet with a little spice. It probably would be good with even more spice depending on who I am serving. Due to my not wanting to go to the grocery store, I used are canned garlic in place of fresh and crushed red pepper instead of fresh. I would like to try it again with the fresh ingredients but I thought it was still delicious despite my shortcuts.

As a side dish, Michael and I spontaneously purchased microwavable mashed potatoes from Costco. Because I work full-time, the idea of taking the time to make homemade mashed potatoes does not sound appealing. In fact, Michael and I haven't even eaten mashed potatoes of any form at home since we got married. Anyway, we were pleasantly surprised by the flavor, cost, and time of these mashed potatoes. I would purchase them again as a side dish and maybe just secretly microwave them when the guests aren't paying attention =)


Resers Fine Foods: Main St. Bistro Restaurant-Style Mashed Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment