Friday, June 25, 2010



Macaroni and Cheese Casserole

Ingredients:

2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni

4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter

2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided

2 large eggs

1/2 cup milk

paprika, for the top

Preparation:

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.

Cook macaroni in boiling salted water, following package directions. Drain well; return to pot. Add butter and stir until melted. Add 2 cups of the shredded cheese.

In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with the milk. Add the milk mixture to the macaroni. Stir until well combined. Spoon into the greased pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and browned and casserole is cooked through.
Serves 4 to 6.


This dish was okay. Although my husband enjoyed it, I would give it about a 5 out of 10. It was kind of dry and lacking flavor. I think I will try a different recipe next time around that has more creamy ingredients. The reason I choose this recipe was because it did have fewer ingredients so I guess I can't complain.



No comments:

Post a Comment